Well, since the last update, I've finished the chimney stacks for the main building and stuck down a basic cereal box card initial roof covering - it's not the neatest of jobs, but after a bit of fettling and covering with tiles, it doesn't really need to be. For the purposes of a slightly more photogenic update I decided to give it a quick coat of grey, not that it needs it, but it starts to look more like a foor rather than a load of card slapped together. Also rather late last night when I really should have been in bed, I started to give the trackside face of the building a brownish stone dry brush as a first coat. Tempting as it is to try and create a clean stone finish as the buildings tend to look these days, I'm going to grime it up to match the Waiting room building made earlier, as I think it gives the model so much more character, plus you can actually see the mortar courses, and after all those hours ofscribing I sure as hell want to see some mortar courses!!
I waited until the light of day to take it outside this morning before setting off for work and getting some decent daylight shots.
|Ignore the wonky chimney at the back, it's just balanced there at the moment.|
|Also ignore the wonky windows, I've so far only made a few of the many needed and was just test fitting with blu-tac. The Station is now for the purposes of photography, seated behind the soon to be scrapped platform to give a sense of location|