There has been a lot of cutting out with the scalpel on this one, and after a scaling scale (I was worried it was looking a bit small, I have added a bit of depth to the wings and the main building.
It's changed a bit from the kit of parts in so much that I've chopped off the gables, deciding to go back to the hipped roof design, so at the moment it's looking a bit like a couple of boxes. Also I decided to change what I was doing with the Chimneys, so they've gone too - to be built separately, later.
|After studying the photograph, I built up a set of steps leading to the main doors. Whilst doing this, I noticed on the photograph, that there was a side door leading into the right bay, so I cut an aperture while I was at it.|
As there is a major inset to the building where the steps come in, I'll be scribing the stonework on the inside faces separately this time as opposed to my usual technique of scribing once the structure is glued together.